those who want to sign up and comment feel free to let me knowand i'll evaluate you

Wednesday, November 15, 2006

Help!

I could really use the help of all of you!!

I promised to help my manager and school by putting on some special lessons.
They are free and are to entice more people to come to the school, basically they are lessons in slang. This may sound perfect because you can learn as much english as you like in a school but the slang might completely confuse you if u go to england.

However I will be preparing these lessons on my own.... no back up! Not a thing and so i would have to make all the props from scratch, etc etc. But I cant think of enough slang/phrases!

So, please, can everyone send in as many phrases/slang as they can think of, with the appropriate meaning behind them please. I ask for the meaning because, well, I may not have heard of yon northern slang that ben may send in. I am also trying to figure out how to let anonymous people post again... damn japanese

2 Comments:

Blogger Mr K said...

Ummmm... slang. I guess theres basic shorthands, like telly, tv, "the box" I've heard it called.

Continuing with technology, you have the net, blogs(?), mobiles, bopper (just for Fred, that one).

For food- nosh, tucker (heh, tucker), grub...

Alcohol-booze... ok I can't think of any more.

I imagine the urban dictionary has countless examples....

"pop down" meaning going somewhere quickly might be useful, I imagine

2:47 PM

 
Blogger Ben said...

some northern ones for you:
ket - sweets
bait - food
aye - yes
cheers - thanks
bairn - child
chav - a pikey bastard.
canny - nice/good - she was a canny lass.
natter - gossip

that's all of the common ones I can think of.

3:13 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home